Celebrating 80 Years of Skiing and Lifelong Friendships
September 15, 2020 Vol. XIV, #2
Hello fellow members,
We are getting closer to the ski season and are anticipating we will be open. Although it would be wonderful to continue all the traditional activities at the club, Covid has thrown us a big curve ball. Rest assured that the board is continuing to work on the best way to keep everyone safe. But your patience, in this time of uncertainty, will definitely be needed.
Our goal is to open when the ski hill is operational, but the result will be limited services. As you’re well aware by now, the State will mandate what we can do. Keep a positive attitude and look forward to another great season of skiing.
Recently the board looked for input on projects for the club. There was about a 60% response rate, which is very good. Thank you, to all who participated. A quick rundown shows members chose the following as the top 4 projects, listed in order of importance. Here are the results:
1. Kitchen remodel
2. Outdoor space
3. Round room stair removal
4. Bar remodel
Note: The kitchen remodel came in ranked the highest, however, the bar remodel got the most total votes independent of rankings.
Nearly 60% of respondents favored additional parking, but only 33% of those thought it should be pursued prior to other club projects.
60% of respondents to the children’s area and activities questions indicated that the existing level of activities is suitable. Less than 20% of respondents were willing to volunteer to assist with children’s activities.
Based on the results the board will be moving forward with the following:
1. Set up an exploratory committee comprised of Sue, club members and a Project Committee member to look at the kitchen redesign and remodel. The committee will provide the board with a better understanding of what the deliverables of this project include. (e.g. new equipment, new layout, faster food turnaround, different offerings, etc). This is a big effort and will not be able to be completed prior to opening this year. If you are interested in volunteering for this committee, please contact Pat Bourassa, email@example.com.
2. Set up a committee comprised of club members and a Project Committee member for the outdoor space and move forward now to pursue design and bids. This could possibly be completed prior to the ski season and may be advantageous for social distancing this winter. Again, if you are interested in volunteering to help, please contact Pat Bourassa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The Project Committee is currently pursuing bids to remove the stairwell in the round room. This also could possibly be accomplished prior to this ski season.
4. Although no specific action will be taken at this time to improve the
Children’s Area or activities, any suggestions by members willing to volunteer will certainly be considered.
5. No action on additional parking will be pursued at this time.
If you are interested in volunteering for committee work, please contact me.
COMMENTS, CONTRIBUTIONS & SUGGESTIONS
This is your club and we’d like to hear your ideas to continually improve the Caberfae Ski Club for the enjoyment of you and your family. Let us hear your suggestions. Email us at: email@example.com If you have a story or an article you’ve written that you’d like to share with club members in the eNewsletter, please email or call the eNewsletter editor.
CLUB CONTACT INFORMATION
Caberfae Ski Club web page: www.caberfaeskiclub.org
Send your favorite photo-moments from the club or the slopes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Club Wi-Fi Password: Check the bulletin board in the hall near the dining room
Caberfae Ticket Agent available Fri, Sat., & Sun. until 11:15 a.m.
Calendar of Events: www.caberfaeskiclub.org/calendar
Dinner Reservation Hotline: email@example.com
I Forgot to Make Dinner Reservation Phone Line: (231) 920-6769 (Sue’s personal cell phone)
General Caberfae Ski Club email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Caberfae Peaks Resort: www.caberfaepeaks.com
Pat Bourassa, President
Ron Kimball, Immediate Past President
Mary Jane Canfield, First Vice President
Paul Waug, Second Vice President, Social Chairman
Tac Lee, board member
Cathy Maher, board member
Brian Nyland, board member
Lauren Rule, board member
Club Secretary/Treasurer - Norma Roelfsema
Assistant Club Treasurer - David Reiser
Club Manager - Sue Egelus
Club Webmaster - Jim Neff
Historical Committee - Bernie Bovee, Paul Williams
eNewsletter - Pat Goggin, editor, email@example.com