Celebrating 80 Years of Skiing and Lifelong Friendships
November 12, 2019 Vol. XIII, #2
It’s legit! Caberfae Peaks opens this weekend for two days! On November 11, 2019 at 4:38 P.M. in the afternoon Caberfae Peaks emailed an announcement about plans to have some lifts open this Saturday and Sunday, November 16th and 17th from 10 A.M to 5 P.M. both days. That’s this weekend, people!!!
It’s truly a historical opportunity to have a punch on the very first date printed on your season pass. When does that ever happen? Come help get the party started. Clubhouse opens at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday.
Inside this issue:
1. A TICKET ELF WILL BE IN THE HOUSE
2. YA, BUT WHAT’S TO EAT?
3. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE STAG’S HEAD LOUNGE?
4. A SURE SIGN WINTER’S ON ITS WAY
5. A HOUSE COMMITTEE HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED
6. CLUB CALENDAR
7. Ya got DJ Skills?
8. A BIG THANK YOU TO THE CHS SKI TEAM
1. A TICKET ELF WILL BE IN THE HOUSE on Saturday morning! And you just might recognize her … club member, Kathleen Anderson has passed the stringent background check to be the only adult member with the high moral character to be bestowed the title, “Ticket Elf” by the Peaks crack security team. Her Elf name is “Kath.” Now, like any Norwegian House Elf or Toy Making Elf, Kath can be easily distracted with frosted cinnamon rolls or jelly filled donuts. Please, do not feed the Ticket Elf, there are a lot of people who would to ski. Thank you, Kath.
2. YA, BUT WHAT’S TO EAT? Lot’s, that’s for sure! Rumor has it, Sue is finishing up a well deserved vacation. Norma took a look around the kitchen and said, “Who are you kidding? I burn water.” So, she made a few phone calls. Here’s what she found. Breakfast at Beatie’s from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.; Blackmer Lodge Cafeteria: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; R Dub’s Pub: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Beatie’s Bar & Grill from noon to 9 p.m. Sunday’s the same, except Beatie’s will not be open. Now, there’s always the possibility of an early Christmas miracle and Sue could pull herself out of a snow drift and grace us with her appearance. But we’ve got backup plans if needed.
3. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE STAG’S HEAD LOUNGE?… where the skiing is always great? The Stag’s Head Lounge will open on the time honored honor system in the early afternoon. In the late afternoon Chris and Vallery Ritz will be our intoxicologists until the snow melts for the evening.
4. A SURE SIGN WINTER’S ON ITS WAY is the annual used Ski & Snowboard Equipment Sale scheduled for this coming Saturday, November 23r date the Cadillac Junior High School Cafeteria located along the north side of Lake Cadillac on Chestnut Street near downtown Cadillac.
STEP 1. (optional) Drop off your old equipment and clothing at the Cadillac Junior High School Cafeteria on Chestnut St. Friday the 22nd from 4:30 to 8 pm.
STEP 2. Beginning at exactly 9 A.M. on Saturday, November 23rd you can enjoy a Black Friday-like experience looking for the bargain of the decade inside the JH Cafeteria. The sale runs until noon, but if you wait that long, the pickings will have melted away.
STEP 3. If you brought in gear to sell, plan to return between noon and 12:30 to redeem your booty. The organizers subtract a paltry 25% commission from all sales. These monies go to the Cadillac Area Ski Club to support ski racing programs in the Cadillac area. However, it’s no accident that Sun n’ Snow will be open at 9:30 a.m. Saturday morning, for your ski shopping convenience.
5. A HOUSE COMMITTEE HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED by the CSC Board. Chaired by board member, Cathy Maher, the committee will be responsible to oversee the interior spaces of the clubhouse. This includes furniture placement, wall art, seasonal décor, and minor improvements. By having one group making decisions we will have a planned approach to the design, comfort, and utility of our clubhouse. If you are interested in serving on this committee, please send an email to Cathy Maher, firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. THE CLUB CALENDAR for the 2019-2020 has been tirelessly tweaked and is now posted on the CSC website (www.caberfaeskiclub.org). It’s ready to be printed and taped to your refrigerator. Come on, junior and sissy graduated from college years ago and have their own kid’s art on their frigs. It’s time to take down that nursery school paintings and put up the CSC Calendar.
WWW.CABERFAESKICLUB.ORG is your key to the CSC website and all its treasures. Long before there was a club eNewletter there was the CSC website. Web Master and longtime club member, Jim Neff has kept the membership informed about what’s sliding down the hill and what’s heating up the clubhouse. Check it out and read about what’s going on each day the club is open, about a 1919 cattle ranch … a story of steers to skis. An Indy Pass, riding a polar coaster, and the Peaks featured on TV’s WNEM “Michigan Road Trips,” and lots more.
7. Ya got DJ Skills? Do you sing in the shower? Do you have dance tunes on your tablet? Do you know how to work your tablet? Then maybe, just maybe, you’ve got what it takes to be the New Year’s Eve D.J. at the Caberfae Ski Club on New Year’s Eve.
There may even be some coin involved … just sayin. If you would like to know more, please contact Paul Waug at email@example.com or (248) 563-4013.
8. A BIG THANK YOU TO THE CHS SKI TEAM
A big thank you goes out to the Cadillac Ski Team for raking the club. If you see any of these young people or coaches tell them "Thank You!"
COMMENTS, CONTRIBUTIONS & SUGGESTIONS
This is your club and we’d like to hear your ideas to continually improve the Caberfae Ski Club for the enjoyment of you and your family. Let us hear your suggestions. Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org If you have a story or an article you’ve written that you’d like to share with club members in the eNewsletter, please email or call the eNewsletter editor.
CLUB CONTACT INFORMATION
Caberfae Ski Club web page: www.caberfaeskiclub.org
Send your favorite photo-moments from the club or the slopes to email@example.com
Club Wi-Fi Password: Check the bulletin board in the hall near the dining room
Caberfae Ticket Agent available Fri, Sat., & Sun. until 11:15 a.m.
Calendar of Events: www.caberfaeskiclub.org/calendar
Dinner Reservation Hotline: firstname.lastname@example.org
I Forgot to Make Dinner Reservation Phone Line: (231) 920-6769 (Sue’s personal cell phone)
General Caberfae Ski Club email address: email@example.com
Caberfae Peaks Resort: www.caberfaepeaks.com
Ron Kimball, President
Shane Demek, Immediate Past President
Mary Jane Canfield, First Vice President
Paul Waug, Second Vice President, Social Chairman
Pat Bourassa, board member
Jeff Conradson, board member
Mary Jane Dewey-Canfield, board member
Tac Lee, board member
Cathy Maher, board member
Lauren Rule, board member
Club Secretary/Treasurer, Norma Roelfsema
Assistant Club Treasurer, David Reiser
Club Manager, Sue Egelus
Club Webmaster, Jim Neff
Historical Committee, Bernie Bovee and Paul Williams
eNewsletter, Pat Goggin, editor, firstname.lastname@example.org