Celebrating 80 Years of Skiing and Lifelong Friendships
January 14, 2020 Vol. XIII, #11
Inside this Issue
1. CLUB REUNION POTLUCK WITH DJ GLENN
2. THE KIDS of the KID'S CLUB
3. DEAN POEPPE AND HIS ONE MAN BAND
4. BARTENDER LINE-UP
5. THE SKI CLUB BOOK CLUB
6. FRIDAY NIGHT FISH FRY NEXT WEEK!
1. CLUB REUNION POTLUCK WITH DJ GLENN - Is Thursday, January 16th at 5 p.m. Come plug in your crockpot, peel back the aluminum foil, remove the plastic wrap, and enjoy the culinary treasures of your neighbors, and sing along with tunes provided by DJ Glenn.
2. THE KIDS of the KID'S CLUB invite all parents to "LEAVE US ALONE!" They went on to say, "WHY DON'T YOU GO UPSTAIRS WITH YOUR STUPID FRIENDS!" The Kid's Club will gather with a some cool adults in the dining room at 4 p.m. to do some super fun activities while their boring parents are supervised up stairs.
3. DEAN POEPPE AND HIS ONE MAN BAND will entertain bar flies from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the Stag's Head Lounge.
4. BARTENDER LINEUP
January 16th: Cathy Maher (Reunion Potluck)
January 17th: No Bartender
January 18th: Demeks
January 24th: Jungs (Fish Fry)
January 25th: McTaggarts
Bartenders are still in high demand for February 1st and the 8th, as well as several other dates. If you can help, please go to https://tinyurl.com/ukyfg4x to sign up! Thank you!
5. SKI CLUB BOOK CLUB held their second official meeting on January 10th to decide on books for the season and confirm meeting dates and times. Meetings will be held in the Stag's Head Lounge on the 2nd Friday of the Month at 1 p.m. Here's a round up of books for the season.
February 14, 2020 - Art of Racing in the Rain (Garth Stein) The book is from the Cadillac Library and should be available at the ski club beginning January 17th.
March 13, 2020 - The Giver of Stars (Jojo Moyes)
April 10, 2020 - Talking to Strangers. (Malcom Gladwell)
May 8, 2020 - The Alice Network. (Kate Quinn)
6. SAVE THE DATE FOR THE FIRST FRIDAY NIGHT FISH FRY 1/24/2020!
COMMENTS, CONTRIBUTIONS & SUGGESTIONS
This is your club and we’d like to hear your ideas to continually improve the Caberfae Ski Club for the enjoyment of you and your family. Let us hear your suggestions. Email us at: email@example.com If you have a story or an article you’ve written that you’d like to share with club members in the eNewsletter, please email or call the eNewsletter editor.
CLUB CONTACT INFORMATION
Caberfae Ski Club web page: www.caberfaeskiclub.org
Send your favorite photo-moments from the club or the slopes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Club Wi-Fi Password: Check the bulletin board in the hall near the dining room
Caberfae Ticket Agent available Fri, Sat., & Sun. until 11:15 a.m.
Calendar of Events: www.caberfaeskiclub.org/calendar
Dinner Reservation Hotline: email@example.com
I Forgot to Make Dinner Reservation Phone Line: (231) 920-6769 (Sue’s personal cell phone)
General Caberfae Ski Club email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Caberfae Peaks Resort: www.caberfaepeaks.com
Ron Kimball, President
Shane Demek, Immediate Past President
Mary Jane Canfield, First Vice President
Paul Waug, Second Vice President, Social Chairman
Pat Bourassa, board member
Jeff Conradson, board member
Mary Jane Dewey-Canfield, board member
Tac Lee, board member
Cathy Maher, board member
Lauren Rule, board member
Club Secretary/Treasurer Norma Roelfsema
Assistant Club Treasurer David Reiser
Club Manager Sue Egelus
Club Webmaster Jim Neff
Historical Committee Bernie Bovee Paul Williams
eNewsletter Pat Goggin, editor, email@example.com