Celebrating nearly 80 Years of Skiing and Lifelong Friendships
September 26, 2019 Vol. XIII, #1
Inside this issue:
1. ATTENTION, ALL FAIR WEATHER PADDLERS
2. THE EAGERLY ANTICIPATED FALL WORK BEE
3. THE GOLF OUTING
5. DUES R' DUE
6. CALL FOR BARTENDERS!
7. MICHIGAN ROAD TRIPS
8. A LITTLE REMINDER ON HOW THE WORK BEE CREDIT WORKS.
1. ATTENTION, ALL FAIR WEATHER PADDLERS. OK! OK! So it got cancelled a second time. So what? The good news is all the rain last Sunday will give the river a little burst of energy to speed us along in October … maybe. Besides, the fall colors have a ways to go to elicit the anticipated “OOOOs” and “AHHHHs!” Stay tuned and we’ll see if we can this idea to float on top of the water instead of under the rain.
2. THE EAGERLY ANTICIPATED FALL WORK BEE is coming Saturday, October 5, 2019 beginning at 8:30 a.m. Hey! That’s Paul Waug’s idea. You want to tell him how you feel? Send him a note: firstname.lastname@example.org He might even ask if you have a power washer or if you’ve got skills. Work Bee first, golf and potluck later.
3. THE GOLF OUTING is fast approaching (Saturday October 5), so we wanted to put one last call out there for anyone interested in participating. The first tee time is at 2 P.M. and all the groups will go off in order from there. If you'd like to join us, and haven't already let Shane know, please email him at email@example.com so he knows you're coming.
4. POTLUCK! ALSO! Following the golf outing there will be a potluck in the Stags Head Lounge in the evening. Any and all are welcome (whether you're golfing or not), just bring a dish to share and come enjoy a beautiful fall evening, catching up with all the people you haven't seen since March. The first golfers will probably start trickling into the clubhouse around 4P.M., but anyone who wants to join can feel free to show up earlier. There will be beer, wine, and liquor for sale at the bar.
5. CALL FOR BARTENDERS! The Stags Head Lounge runs on volunteer power. Bartending is a great way to get your work bee credit as well as meet other members. If you’d like to learn how to bartend, stay tuned for a training in December. This year there will be no drop-in bartending. Bar hours will be posted in the eNewsletter each week based on volunteers who have signed up for the available shifts. No volunteers by eNewsletter date (Tuesday evening) publication means no bar for that date. Help fill out these shifts by clicking the link below or sign up on the printed sheet in the Stags Head Lounge that will be updated periodically. Priority shifts are indicated in red. https://tinyurl.com/y6ysecv9
6. DUES R' DUE If you've saved up enough beer bottles and cans to pay your dues, please do so, post haste. Here's the deal. The good people who have been waiting so patiently for upwards of eight or nine years to join the club, would like to get the most out of their season. Members who are choosing to leave the club family can not only help new members get the most out of their winter, but can lighten a heavy burden from Norma's shoulders. Her single most difficult task is sorting out who of us is returning and who is not. Calling (hounding) those who have not yet paid to find out their plans. If members leave, there's another struggle of dealing with old contact information of people on the Wait List.
7. MICHIGAN ROAD TRIPS. Our Web Master, Jim Neff recently discovered some YouTube links to segments WNEM (Channel 5 - Bay City, Saginaw, Flint) recently aired about the Cadillac area. They were featured on their program, "Michigan Road Trips." Jim also saved them to the club website.
Caberfae Peaks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxoSVoUKxQ8
Boon Store: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyIw8Sw7SAA
KISStory Tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2U8kG7LRuo
Merritt Speedway: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w18eNBHgGcY
8. A LITTLE REMINDER ON HOW THE WORK BEE CREDIT WORKS. If you attend a Work Bee before the season begins, or after the season ends, you will receive a credit on you club dues for the next year. In other words, if you attended the fall 2018 Work Bee, or the Spring 2019 Work Bee, you will receive a credit on your 2019/20 Ski Club Dues.
COMMENTS, CONTRIBUTIONS & SUGGESTIONS
This is your club and we’d like to hear your ideas to continually improve the Caberfae Ski Club for the enjoyment of you and your family. Let us hear your suggestions. Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org If you have a story or an article you’ve written that you’d like to share with club members in the eNewsletter, please email or call the eNewsletter editor.
CLUB CONTACT INFORMATION
Caberfae Ski Club web page: www.caberfaeskiclub.org
Send your favorite photo-moments from the club or the slopes to email@example.com
Club Wi-Fi Password: Check the bulletin board in the hall near the dining room
Caberfae Ticket Agent available Fri, Sat., & Sun. until 11:15 a.m.
Calendar of Events: www.caberfaeskiclub.org/calendar
Dinner Reservation Hotline: firstname.lastname@example.org
I Forgot to Make Dinner Reservation Phone Line: (231) 920-6769 (Sue’s personal cell phone)
General Caberfae Ski Club email address: email@example.com
Caberfae Peaks Resort: www.caberfaepeaks.com
Ron Kimball, President
Shane Demek, Immediate Past President
Mary Jane Canfield, First Vice President
Paul Waug, Second Vice President, Social Chairman
Pat Bourassa, board member
Jeff Conradson, board member
Mary Jane Dewey-Canfield, board member
Tac Lee, board member
Cathy Maher, board member
Lauren Rule, board member
Club Secretary/Treasurer - Norma Roelfsema
Assistant Club Treasurer - David Reiser
Club Manager - Sue Egelus
Club Webmaster - Jim Neff
Historical Committee - Bernie Bovee, Paul Williams
eNewsletter - Pat Goggin, editor, firstname.lastname@example.org