Celebrating nearly 80 Years of Skiing and Lifelong Friendships
NOVEMBER 13, 2018 Vol. XII, #4
Inside this issue…
1. CHECK THE RESORT'S WEBSITE
2. WHILE YA'LL WERE LYING AROUND ON THE BEACH
3. A SPECIAL SHOUT OUT
4. CALLING ALL BARTENDERS!
5. A SURE SIGN WINTER’S COMING
6. FREE LOCKERS
7. PICTURE BOARD
1. CHECK THE RESORT’S WEBSITE. Just sayin’. With snow in the forecast there’s better than a snowballs chance that Caberfae Peaks will be open this weekend, 11/17! Check the resort’s website before you check your car to see if you have the kids. If they’re open, it’ll be 10 A.M – 5 P.M. Saturday and Sunday. Remember, if the resort’s open, as we all know, Sue will have a little somethin’ somethin’ on the stove. (Be sure to check the resort’s website). Heck, you might even find a board member with a key to the bar, so you can properly brag about who got the season milk run. Did I mention, check the resort’s website before you load up the car?
2. WHILE YA’LL WERE LYING AROUND ON THE BEACH all summer, others have been busily working on the lunch room, transforming the club’s busiest gathering space, into a dining lodge second to none. Cathy Maher stepped up to lead the committee on a very successful remodel. Joining her on the committee were Robin Potthoff, Jema Manley, and Pat Bourassa, lending their design skills to the project. Joe Host once again brought his carpentry skill back to the club, lending his hammer and saw doing an outstanding job. Jeff and Bobbi Tayler, Doug and Julie Chesney and Brian Cooper all swung a brush. TacLee and Paul Waug tackled the electrical work, adding sconces. That’s all for now. We want to leave some surprises for you. Remember, you are permitted to express your appreciation by offering these volunteers a rehydration agent from the extensive selection in the Stag’s Head Lounge.
3. A SPECIAL SHOUT OUT to those who answered the call for the first and second Work Bee and trail cleanup. Waddy reports the figure 8 and the Meadow Loop are finally in skiable condition. More work is to be done in the near future on the access trails to get them in shape for the season.
4. CALLING ALL BARTENDERS! Here’s your personal invitation to see who wants to be first on the list to dish out drinks up in the Stag’s Head lounge this year! If you’re interested, please e-mail board president, Shane Demek at firstname.lastname@example.org and let him know what days (Christmas week and Saturdays) you would like to serve up the Dos Equis to Waddy, or the slightly more refined cocktail for Melissa Nyland, and anyone else’s less predictable libation! When you write, please leave a reliable email address and cell number in your email. That’s so you can have a polite reminder before your night of fame (just in case something comes up in your life and we need to find a replacement).
5. A SURE SIGN WINTER’S COMING is the annual used Ski & Snowboard Equipment Sale scheduled for this coming Saturday, November 17th at the Cadillac Junior High School Cafeteria located along the north side of Lake Cadillac on Chestnut Street near downtown Cadillac.
STEP 1. (optional) Drop off your old equipment and clothing at the Cadillac Junior High School Cafeteria on Chestnut St. Friday the 16th from 4:30 to 8 pm.
STEP 2. Beginning at exactly 9 A.M. on Saturday, November 17th you can enjoy a Black Friday-like experience looking for the bargain of the decade inside the JH Cafeteria. The sale runs until noon, but if you wait that long, the pickings will have melted away.
STEP 3. If you brought in gear to sell, plan to return between noon and 12:30 to redeem your booty. The organizers subtract a paltry 25% commission from all sales. These monies go to the Cadillac Area Ski Club to support ski racing programs in the Cadillac area. However, it’s no accident that Sun n’ Snow will be open at 9:30 a.m. Saturday morning, for your ski shopping pleasure.
6. FREE LOCKERS … Blahahahah! Just kidding … just wanted to get your attention. OK, please make sure you have a spare locker key, or your combination, is in the kitchen cabinet. If you need additional information, please ask Sue.
7. PICTURE BOARD...If your beautiful mug isn’t on the picture board it’s because we don't have your photo. Please take a picture with your phone and send it to email@example.com. We will print it for you free of charge and hassle free. There’s been some fun suggestions for those who “don’t have time” to send a pic. Memes have been suggested. Anyone wish to volunteer their 12 year old?
COMMENTS, CONTRIBUTIONS & SUGGESTIONS
This is your club and we’d like to hear your ideas to continually improve the Caberfae Ski Club for the enjoyment of you and your family. Let us hear your suggestions. Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org If you have a story or an article you’ve written that you’d like to share with club members in the eNewsletter, please email or call the eNewsletter editor.
CLUB CONTACT INFORMATION
Caberfae Ski Club web page: www.caberfaeskiclub.org
Send your favorite photo-moments from the club or the slopes to email@example.com
Club Wi-Fi Password: Check the bulletin board at the bottom of the stairs
Caberfae Ticket Agent available Fri, Sat., & Sun. until 11:15 a.m.
Calendar of Events: www.caberfaeskiclub.org/calendar
Dinner Reservation Hotline: firstname.lastname@example.org
I Forgot to Make Dinner Reservation Phone Line: (231) 920-6769 (Sue’s personal cell phone)
General Caberfae Ski Club email address: email@example.com
Caberfae Peaks Resort: www.caberfaepeaks.com
Shane Demek, President, firstname.lastname@example.org
Doug Frye, Immediate Past President, email@example.com
Ron Kimball, First Vice President, firstname.lastname@example.org, (248) 515-5661
Paul Waug, Second Vice President, Social Chairman, email@example.com
Pat Bourassa, board member, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Conradson, board member, email@example.com
Mary Jane Dewey-Canfield, board member, firstname.lastname@example.org
Connie Houk, board member, email@example.com
Tac Lee, board member, firstname.lastname@example.org
Robin Potthoff, board member, email@example.com
Lauren Rule, firstname.lastname@example.org
Club Secretary/Treasurer, Norma Roelfsema, email@example.com
Assistant Club Treasurer, David Reiser, firstname.lastname@example.org
Club Manager, Sue Egelus, email@example.com
Club Webmaster - Jim Neff, firstname.lastname@example.org
Historical Committee, Bernie Bovee, email@example.com , Paul Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org
eNewsletter, Pat Goggin, editor, email@example.com 231-920-8592