Celebrating nearly 80 Years of Skiing and Lifelong Friendships
December 26, 2017 Vol. XI, #8
Inside this issue:
1. HERE’S WHAT’S HAPPENING THIS WEEKEND
2. ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS. WOULD YOU LIKE THE STRAIGHT SKINNY?
3. ATTENTION OLD MEMBERS. WOULD YOU LIKE THE STRAIGHT SKINNY?
4. MONDAY, NEW YEAR’S EVE AT THE CLUB
5. A SECOND RUN THROUGH THE GATES
a. STILL CALLING ALL BARTENDERS
b. WHAT’S COMING UP – Band night
1. HERE’S WHAT’S HAPPENING ALL WEEK -- WEDNESDAY 12/27 thru MONDAY 1/1
Clubhouse Grill opens for breakfast at 8:30 a.m. with service until 3 p.m.
Lifts open at 9 a.m.
Caberfae’s Ticket Elf (for Season Pass holders) is available until 11:15 a.m.
Après Ski Party in the Stag’s Head Lounge.
2. ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS. WOULD YOU LIKE THE STRAIGHT SKINNY on what’s what, and how things work around the clubhouse? Including the secret handshake. One thing’s for sure, you ask eight old members the same question, and you’ll get 18 different answers. And likely none of them will be right. Would you like the scoop on how the bar works in the Stag’s Head Lounge? Want to know how to open your locker when you forgot our key? Maybe you’d like to know when you can park in the club parking lot without getting fly paper stuck on your windshield (that actually happened once about 100 years ago). These club secrets, and more, will be divulged at a super secret meeting, the New Member Meet & Greet, Pizza Party on Thursday evening, December 28th in the Clubhouse Grill at 5 p.m. It’s guaranteed most of the information will be mostly right. The rest will be partly right. The accuracy will become more in question as the evening wears on. One of the things you’ll learn is when you can bring your cocktail downstairs from the Stag’s Head Lounge.
3. ATTENTION OLD MEMBERS. WOULD YOU LIKE THE STRAIGHT SKINNY? See the story directly above. You’re invited too. But you can’t talk.
4. MONDAY, NEW YEAR’S EVE AT THE CLUB What could be better than dinner and dancing under the “Peaks” with CSC’s own DJ, Glenn ‘Wolfman’ Stout delivering the hits, keeping the clubhouse-a-rocking all the way into the New Year. Everyone is welcome … including your mother-in-law who hasn’t the sense to go home. The dancing is free, the bar is cash and the dinner is $19/person ($12 for junior skiers 10 and under). Cocktails & hors d’oeuvres will be served at 6:30 p.m. in the “Starlight Ballroom,” dinner at 7:45 p.m. in the “Snowflake Salon” and then back to the Starlight Ballroom where ‘Mr. DJ Stout’ will strike up the iPod and kick off the dancing at 9 p.m. Champagne will be available at $4/glass or $12/bottle. The dinner menu includes Sliced Beef Tenderloin, Mixed Green Salad, a Bread Basket, Potatoes, Mixed Vegetables, Assorted Desserts, Coffee, Tea and Milk. If you’re planning to come for dinner, you’ll need a reservation. Just click on the link to the Dinner Reservation Hotline: email@example.com - or sign up at the Clubhouse - or call Sue.
5. A SECOND RUN THROUGH THE GATES
a. STILL CALLING ALL BARTENDERS Well, it looks like a lot of folks have been getting ready for the opening of bartending season. ‘Bottle caps’ off to those who have contacted Shane and worked to fill the schedule. And, it’s not too late to signup. It would be a really sad day if there wasn’t anyone available to pop your cork. If you are interested in tending bar for an evening, please e-mail Shane Demek at firstname.lastname@example.org and let him know what days (Christmas week and Saturdays) you’d be willing to! When you write, please leave a reliable email address and phone number in your email. That’s so we can give you a polite reminder before your night of fame (just in case something comes up and we need to find a replacement).
Currently Available Dates:
December: 29th, 30th.
January: 1st, 14th, 20th, 27th
February: 3rd, 10th, 18th (President’s Day weekend), 24th
March: 3rd, 10th, 17th
Please email Shane Demek email@example.com. a couple of different nights you would be available, just in case multiple people want to bartend on the same evening.
Things to Note:
Friday nights are available as long as there is enough interest and a board member will be around to help close.
There will be a small refresher required prior to bartending from a board member the day of, just to re-hash things like prices, how to use the cash register, and closing procedures.
Also, we are asking everyone to make the commitment on the night you are bartending to stay until at the very least 9p.m., so all those closing down the slopes can still enjoy a nice après ski toast.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Shane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A sign-up sheet will be posted upstairs, near the bar.
b. WHAT’S COMING UP – January 13th is New Member Night serving up the traditional free steaks to new members. And if that’s not enough, there’ll be a live band rocking the house from 4 to 7 p.m. Mark your calendar and plan to make this ever popular event.
COMMENTS, CONTRIBUTIONS & SUGGESTIONS
This is your club and we’d like to hear your ideas to continually improve the Caberfae Ski Club for the enjoyment of you and your family. Let us hear your suggestions. Email us at: email@example.com If you have a story or an article you’ve written that you’d like to share with club members in the eNewsletter, please email or call the eNewsletter editor.
CLUB CONTACT INFORMATION
Caberfae Ski Club web page: www.caberfaeskiclub.org
Send your favorite photo-moments from the club or the slopes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Club Wi-Fi Password: Check the bulletin board at the bottom of the stairs
Caberfae Ticket Agent available Fri, Sat., & Sun. until 11:15 a.m.
Calendar of Events: www.caberfaeskiclub.org/calendar/
Dinner Reservation Hotline: email@example.com
I Forgot to Make Dinner Reservation Phone Line: (231) 920-6769(Sue’s personal cell phone).
General Caberfae Ski Club email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Caberfae Peaks Resort: www.caberfaepeaks.com
Shane Demek, President, email@example.com
Doug Frye, Immediate Past President, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ron Kimball, First Vice President, email@example.com
Paul Waug, Second Vice President, Social Chairman,firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Conradson, board member, email@example.com
Mary Jane Dewey-Canfield, board member, firstname.lastname@example.org
Connie Houk, board member, email@example.com
Robin Potthoff, board member, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tac Lee, board member, email@example.com
Secretary & Treasurer: Norma Roelfsema, firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Club Treasurer: David Reiser, email@example.com
Club Manager: Sue Egelus, firstname.lastname@example.org
Club Webmaster: Jim Neff, email@example.com
Historical Committee: Bernie Bovee, firstname.lastname@example.org and
Paul Williams, email@example.com
eNewsletter: Pat Goggin, editor, firstname.lastname@example.org (231) 920-8592