CABERFAE SKI CLUB eNEWSLETTER -- December 13, 2016
Celebrating over 75 Years of Skiing and Lifelong Friendships
Inside the Issue:
1. BEGINNING NEXT FRIDAY THE SLOPES ARE OPEN EVERY DAY TIL’ …
2. WE KNOW YOU WEREN’T PAYING ANY ATTENTION LAST WEEK …
3. NEW YEAR’S EVE!
4. CALLING ALL BARTENDERS
5. WADDY'S NO BAD NEWS REPORT
6. PARKING PASS PICKUP
1. BEGINNING NEXT FRIDAY THE SLOPES ARE OPEN EVERY DAY TIL’ … at least January 1, 2017!!! The hours between December 16th and 23rd will be announced (go to http://www.caberfaepeaks.com for the latest skinny).
December 24th 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Christmas Day 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
December 26th thru January 1st 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Remember, beginning Christmas Eve day thru New Years Day, if the slopes are open - the Clubhouse Grill and the Stags Head Lounge will be open. Of course everyone knows that with your key, members can access the locker rooms, restrooms, and the Round Room day or night, winter and summer. On the rare occasion that a member may have misplaced their key to the parking lot door, one may trade their firstborn (as long as they’re old enough to wash dishes) for a replacement key. Just contact Norma Roelfsema, our awesome new Club Secretary/Treasurer, regarding a replacement: email@example.com.
2. WE KNOW YOU WEREN’T PAYING ANY ATTENTION LAST WEEK … after all, the ‘Fae’ wasn’t even open yet. So, who cares what’s happening at the club? But HOLY SNOW, what a few day of textbook snow making weather, along with a big boost from Mother Nature and POWder! Saturday was an Opening Day for the record books. The snow was great, the clubhouse was abuzz with members catching up, and Sue’s ‘limited offerings’ were unlimitedly over-the-top delicious. Saturday and Sunday were more like early-January on the slopes. The point of all this is (other than rubbing it in just a lot to those of little faith, we’ll repeat the information from last week because there are things you need to do.
3. NEW YEAR’S EVE! I know! I know! Your skis have yet to touch the snow and we’re already talking about New Year’s Eve. But hey, there’s real snow on the ground in Cadillac AND snow in the forecast for 12 out of the next 14 days leading up to Christmas Eve. Yeah! I know, right? So stop pouting and start thinking “SNOW!”
Anyway, last week you should have received a pretty invitation in your email inviting you to the club’s New Year’s Eve party. If you didn’t, please let us know so we can continue to iron out the wrinkles in our email database.
Again, anyway, if you want to be part of the New Year’s Eve fun you need to call your posse and plan ahead … and so do we. Just to be clear, the date is December 31, 2016, starting with cocktails at 6:30 p.m., dinner at 7:45. Then join Club DJ “Wolfman” Glen Stout in the Stags Head Lounge from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. for our CSC New Year’s Party. Somewhere in there we’ll ringing in the New Year.
The menu includes Chicken Supreme, Sliced Beef, Potatoes, Mixed Green Salad with Bread Basket, Mixed Vegetables, assorted Desserts, Coffee, Tea and Milk. All this for only $18 per person! And remember, your guests are WELCOME! Kids 12 and under, $10. Champagne will be available for $3/glass, or $10/bottle.
So, why don’t you call your posse and let Sue know by December 28th… earlier would be nice. Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Could it be any simpler? No! I didn’t think so. So, just do it!
4. CALLING ALL BARTENDERS With the season ramping up and Christmas-New Year’s week fast approaching it’s time to start figuring out who will be dishing out the drinks in the Stag’s Head Lounge this year! If you are interested, please e-mail board member Shane Demek at email@example.com, or Connie Houk at firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know what days (Christmas week and Saturdays) you would like to serve up the Bud Light’s to Marty, the Miller High-Life and Dos Equis to Waddy, and everyone else’s less predictable orders! Also, please leave a reliable e-mail address and a phone number in your e-mail, so that we can give you a polite reminder before your night (just in case something comes up and we need to find a replacement).
Currently Available Dates:
December: 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th, New Year’s Eve.
January: 1st, 7th, 14th, 15th, 21st, 28th
February: 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th
March: 4th, 11th, 18th
*If possible, please give Shane or Connie a couple of different nights you would be available, in case multiple people want to bartend on the same evening.*
Things to Note:
Friday nights are available as long as there is enough interest and a board member will be around to help close.
There will be a small refresher course required prior to bartending from a board member the day of, just to re-hash things like prices, how to run the cash register, and closing procedures.
Also, we are asking everyone to make the commitment on the night you are bartending to stay until, at the very least 9 pm, so all those skiers and boarders closing down the slopes can still enjoy a nice après ski beverage.
*A sign-up sheet will be posted upstairs near the bar after we have filled some of the slots.*
5. WADDY'S NO BAD NEWS REPORT
6. PARKING PASS PICKUP – Did you pay for a Parking Pass this fall? Did your check clear? If you answered, “Yes!” to both then Sue is guarding your pass with her life (along with her noodles for her famous chick noodle soup). Stop by the Clubhouse Grill to answer her trivia question. If you can tell her the number of miles of tow rope used to zip skiers up the hills at the Cadillac Winter Sports Park in 1941, she will gladly hand over your pass … as long as you can show two pieces of pictured ID. If you don’t have the answer (or the ID), you can bet the next person on the Parking Pass Waiting List will be waiting with baited breath. Yech!!
CLUB CONTACT INFORMATION
Caberfae Ski Club web page: www.caberfaeskiclub.org
Send your favorite photo-moments from the club or the slopes to email@example.com
Club Wi-Fi Password: Check the bulletin board at the bottom of the stairs
Caberfae Ticket Agent available Fri, Sat., & Sun. until 11:15 a.m.
Calendar of Events: www.caberfaeskiclub.org/calendar/
Dinner Reservation Hotline: firstname.lastname@example.org
I Forgot to Make Dinner Reservation Phone Line: (231) 920-6769(Sue’s personal cell phone).
General Caberfae Ski Club email address: email@example.com
Caberfae Peaks Resort: www.caberfaepeaks.com
Doug Frye, president, firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve Elenbaas, immediate past president,email@example.com
Shane Demek, first vice president, firstname.lastname@example.org
Paul Waug, second vice president, social chairman,email@example.com
Doug Chesney, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Conradson, email@example.com
Mary Jane Dewey-Canfield, board member, firstname.lastname@example.org
Connie Houk, board member, email@example.com
Robin Potthoff, board member, firstname.lastname@example.org
Club Secretary/Treasurer: Norma Roelfsema, email@example.com
Assistant Club Treasurer: David Reiser, firstname.lastname@example.org
Clubhouse Manager: Sue Egelus, email@example.com
Club Webmaster: Jim Neff, firstname.lastname@example.org
eNewsletter: Pat Goggin, editor, email@example.com (231) 920-8592